I feel honored that I have been asked to speak at the IIoT Talk in Berlin, organized by Global Manufacturing Strategies, based in UK. In my speech I discussed “IIoT as an enabler for Business Model Innovation” and emphasize on the following aspects:
- Digital Transformation is often associated with optimization, efficiency, and faster processes in business and production (Industry 4.0)
- Optimization, and technology are the easiest part of Digital Transformation. To really digitalize a business will shake up the entire corporation
- New business models are crucial for businesses to survive in the digital age . With that comes the necessity to change corporate culture
- Digital transformation requires a holistic view at the organisation, the products, and the business model
My presentation also gave advice on where to start, especially for SMBs (Small and Medium Businesses).
This 6:30 minutes excerpt from my speech will give you an impression.
Other speakers of this international conference are (excerpt):
- Wolfgang Dorst, Head of Industrial Internet, BitKom
- Dr. Reinhard Geissbauer, Managing Director, PwC Strategy GmbH
- Michael Schwarz, Head of Industrie 4.0 & CBS Coach SCMA, Continental Teves AG & Co. oHG
- Thomas de Bresser, Innovation Manager, RWE Innogy
- Jesper Toubøl, Vice President E&M Elements & Moulds, Lego
- Astrid Steingrüber, Director Manufacturing & Industrial Sector, EMEA, Intel Deutschland GmbH
- Filip Geerts, Director General, The European Association of the Machine Tool Industries (CECIMO)